Rustington Library began its life in the old Fire Station in Woodlands Avenue (formerly Edward Road). This building, next to the Village Memorial Hall, was home to the Auxiliary Fire Service appliance during WWII, which was manned by staff of Dingley Nursery, in Old Manor Road. After the War ended, it was no longer required as a fire station, and in 1951 it opened as a library, but in 1969 was redundant once more, as a new library was opened in Claigmar Road. It was then used as the Green Room for The Rustington Players, the Parish Council Offices, and then the Exhibition Centre for Rustington Heritage Association. It has more recently been absorbed fully into the Woodlands Centre, and forms the foyer of the Parish Council Offices.